San Diego Mayor Allegedly Harassed Female Military Sexual Assault Victims
Two new women have joined the growing ranks of people who say that San Diego Mayor Bob Filner sexually harassed them, according to a new report from Kyung Lah with CNN.
But this time, the women are veterans of the armed forces who were victims of
Eldonna Fernandez and Gerri Tindley say that they met Filner in August of last year at an event for the National Women's Veterans Association of America.
At the time, Filner was a congressman. He served 20 years in the House and was even served as the chairman of the Veterans Affairs Committee.
Last year, Filner was at an event hosted by the National Women's Veterans Association of America where Tindley spoke at the event on her trauma of being raped while she was in the Army. She said that after she spoke, Filner sat down next to her on a couch and got “as close as he could” to her. He rubbed her like he was consoling her.
Later, Filner left a voicemail for Fernandez, who he had exchanged numbers with at the event.
"Hi, it's your newly favorite congressman, Bob Filner. You know, the one who fell in love with you at your last speech," he said. “I don't want to wait 'til you come back to have dinner with you.”
Fernandez, a more than 20 year veteran of the Air Force, was raped three times on active duty.
Filner was originally supposed to be the guest of honor at the National Women's Veterans Association of America event for this year as well. The organization initially stood by him amidst the allegations of
Watch the CNN report:
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Uniparts India IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World