San Francisco mummy home will sell for over $1 million
A San Francisco home that was listed for $928,000 just last week is currently under contract for $1.0295 million.
View all Offers
Located in the city's Richmond District, a fairly desirable neighborhood, the home has one very undesirable flaw: In April of this year, the mummified corpse of the home's former owner was found inside,wrapped in a blanket.
The woman, named Anna Ragin, had reportedly died five years earlier, but her 65-year-old daughter hadn't told anyone that her mother's body was still in the home.
The home is apparently in a very sorry state. According to a piece written by Bob Calhoun for SF Weekly, "A fresh coat of paint on the walls and scrubbed floors couldn't quite chase away the smell of toxic mold and urine from the corners of the bedroom and kitchen."
The over-asking sale is just another in a long list of deals that demonstrate how hot the San Francisco housing market is right now.
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- Best budget external hard disk drives under ₹4,000 in India
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover