Sarah Huckabee Sanders defended Trump's recent support of Kim Jong Un, saying they agree on Biden
- In an interview with NBC News, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders defended President Trump for agreeing with Kim Jong Un's comments about Joe Biden.
- Trump said on Twitter that he "smiled" when he learned Jong Un had insulted former Vice President Joe Biden, saying he had a "low IQ."
- According to North Korean news agency KCNA, Kim Jong Un called Biden "an imbecile bereft of elementary quality as a human being" and a "fool of low IQ."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders defended Trump for supporting Kim Jong Un over his recent criticisms of former vice president Joe Biden.Chuck Todd asked Sanders, "Can you explain why Americans should not be concerned that the president of United States is essentially siding with a murderous authoritarian dictator over a former vice president in the United States?"Advertisement
"I think they agree in their assessment of former Vice President Joe Biden," Sanders said.
Trump tweeted on Monday that he "smiled" when Kim Jong-un called Biden "a low IQ individual & worse. Perhaps that's sending me a signal?" he wrote.
According to North Korean news agency KCNA, Jong Un called Biden "an imbecile bereft of elementary quality as a human being" and a "fool of low IQ."Sanders went on to say that Trump had "watched [Biden] and his administration with President Obama fail for eight years. He's come in in two and a half, he's cleaned up a lot of the messes that were left behind. We shouldn't even be in the position that we're in to have to deal with North Korea at the level we are if they had done their job in the first place," she said. Advertisement
In the same tweet, Trump said that has "confidence" in the North Korean leader and was not "disturbed" by the country's missile tests earlier this month despite these being condemned by his top administration officials.
North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me. I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me, & also smiled when he called Swampman Joe Biden a low IQ individual, & worse. Perhaps that's sending me a signal?- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 26, 2019
- Indian-origin S African appointed COO of company assisting in combating organised bank-related crimes
- Govt can't compel COVID-19 positive people into state quarantine facilities: South African court
- Defence secretary tests positive for COVID-19: Sources
- Highest spike of 1,513 fresh COVID cases in Delhi takes total to over 23K; death toll rises to 606
- Assam records highest single-day spike in COVID cases; tally 1,830