Elon Musk trolls Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin after it challenges SpaceX's NASA lunar lander contract
Elon Musktrolled Jeff Bezos' Blue Originon Twitter amid a battle over a $2.9 billion NASAcontract.
- Blue Origin reportedly protested NASA's choice to award an exclusive lunar lander contract to
- Musk and Bezos have feuded for more than 15 years over their
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk took another jab at rival billionaire Jeff Bezos' space startup, Blue Origin, on Monday amid a battle over a $2.9 billion contract to build a lunar lander for NASA.
The New York Times reported Monday Blue Origin had filed a protest with the Government Accountability Office to challenge NASA's decision to award the exclusive contract to SpaceX.
Blue Origin CEO Bob Smith told The Times NASA had erred in its assessment of the proposals submitted by his company, SpaceX, and a third bidder, Dynetics.
On Twitter, Musk responded to the report about Blue Origin's challenge by making a thinly veiled joke about the male anatomy, saying: "Can't get it up (to orbit) lol."
The joke alluded to the fact that Blue Origin has not yet achieved a successful orbital spaceflight with its rockets.
Blue Origin did not respond to a request for comment on this story.
Blue Origin earlier this year launched its suborbital New Shepherd rocket system with a crash-test dummy dubbed "Mannequin Skywalker," but has lagged overall in its space race compared to Musk's SpaceX.
The feud between Musk and Bezos began more than 15 years ago when a conversation about reusable rockets reportedly went south. Since then, the two execs have sparred frequently over their rival plans for colonizing space and occasionally their other businesses, Tesla and Amazon.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- DeSantis says Congress should act if Apple follows through on Elon Musk claims and bans Twitter from App Store
- Best refrigerator under ₹15000
- Asus ROG Phone 6 review: A bit more than just gaming
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2