SEBI Withdraws Recognition To Delhi Stock Exchange
“Serious irregularities have been found in the functioning of the DSE at the time when the exchange was taking steps for demutualisation. It is seen that for completing the demutualisation process the erstwhile board of DSE had overlooked the due transfer of shares in the demat accounts and receipt of the funds by the ‘appointed date’,” SEBI member Prashant Sharan said in his order.
“A false certificate of completion of demutualisation process has been submitted by the erstwhile management of DSE. On examination of the facts and issues … I am convinced that DSE had not acted fairly during its demutualisation process,” he added.
Popular on BI
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu