Selfies are banned at the Met Gala, but these stars are skirting the rules on Instagram
Everyone from Karen Elson to Kristen Wiig to Diane Von Furstenberg is appearing in pre-Gala photos on Instagram. It's a bold move, to be sure, as Anna Wintour - the hostess behind the event - has made her disdain for selfies known, even before the ban.
Many of the posts are being put up by designers' official Instagram accounts, which makes sense. The brands want to get as much bang for their buck as they can from the bold-faced names wearing their clothes.
Plus, ads from them are what keep the lights on at "Vogue" - Anna Wintour is unlikely to get mad at Ralph Lauren for posting one or two pre-Met Gala photos online.
Of course, those of us following along at home are thankful for the sneaky selfies - how else would we see who's getting ready with whom? The only question now is whether anyone will be brazen enough to sneak a Snapchat or Instagram inside the event in an hour or so.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- The depth of India’s vaccination drive — Gujarat tops the list, UP and Bihar yet to vaccinate a third of their population
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- IDBI Bank's net profit jumps 75% despite higher provisions
- Asian Paints' net profit drops 29% on high raw material prices
- Dearness allowance hiked to 31% for central government employees