Selling tomatoes at 25 paise/ kg! Chhattisgarh farmers destroying their own produce, thanks to demonetisation
With scrapping of old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes by PM
Raged at the injustice, the farmers have decided to crush the tomatoes on roads instead of selling them, confirms a report by ANI. Despite a legal tender to sell the produce, the farmers have destroyed the tomatoes by spreading them on road for speeding vehicles to crush them.
Chhattisgarh administered by the
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore