SENATE BATTLEGROUND MAP: The race for control of the Senate is as tight as it can be
Business Insider/Andy Kiersz
- The 2018 US Senate elections are full of tight races, polling shows.
- Entering the midterms, Republicans hold a 51-to-49 seat majority in the upper chamber of Congress.
- A few seats changing hands could flip the body to Democratic control.
- But Democrats are faced with a challenging map.
The battle for control of the Senate is as tight as can be, RealClearPolitics polling averages show.
Candidates are separated by fewer than 2 points in six races, while the separation is less than 4.5 points in three additional contests:
- Polling shows Republican candidates Rick Scott, Kevin Cramer, and Josh Hawley with leads of less than 2 points over Democratic incumbents in Florida, North Dakota, and Missouri.
- Meanwhile, Democratic candidates Kyrsten Sinema and Jacky Rosen hold slim leads for seats currently under GOP control in Arizona and Nevada.
- In five states won by President Donald Trump in 2016, Democratic incumbents hold substantial leads over their opponents: Sens. Sherrod Brown of Ohio, Bob Casey of Pennsylvania, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Debbie Stabenow of Michigan, and Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin.
- In Tennessee, the race between Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn and former Democratic Gov. Phil Bredesen is now locked in a dead heat.
- In deep-red Texas, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz is fending off Democratic Rep. Beto O'Rourke in a race that is separated by roughly 3 points.
Entering the midterms, Republicans hold a 51-to-49 seat majority in the upper chamber of Congress.
Election Day is November 6. We'll be updating this map in the weeks leading up to it.
NOW WATCH: Inside the Trump MAGA hat factory
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons