Sorry Folks, Banksy Is Not Doing A Show In Los Angeles
The internet was abuzz yesterday with news that elusive street artist Banksy could be coming to Los Angeles in December.
The excitement started with the appearance of a website - www.banksylax.com - that is strikingly similar to a website that's been updated daily during the artist's month-long "residency" in New York City, which has been taking place all this month.
But it turns of the website, an a related Instagram account, are a hoax. A quick registration search revealed that the banksylax.com domain is registered to Julien's Auctions, a Beverly Hills-based auction house that's known for selling Hollywood memorabilia.
It appears the website was an effort to promote the auction house's upcoming sale of Banksy's "Flower Girl" mural, which appeared on a wall in Hollywood a few years back, as LA Taco points out.
The auction takes place December 5.
For the 24th day of his New York installation, "Better Out Than In," Banksy stenciled the exterior of Manhattan strip club The Hustler Club.
See the rest of the works in the series here.
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x
- After JP Morgan, Indian bonds set to enter other global bond indices; capital raising for infra push to get a boost
- 10 calcium-rich foods to ward Off calcium deficiency
- Amazon introduces next-gen of Echo smart devices with new-age AI