Spanx has created one work pant collection to rule them all - here's what we thought about each pair
- Spanx is responsible for some of the best leggings and tights that we've tested. Now, it's making "the perfect black pant" in four different styles.
- You can pick up the Perfect Black Pant in Backseam Skinny ($128), 4-Pocket ($110), Hi-Rise Flare ($148), and Cropped Flare ($110). Sizing options include petite, regular, or tall inseams.
- The material is a comfortable, versatile, and machine-washable Ponte fabric that's smoothing but not constricting.
- You can find short reviews from three women who tested the pants below. But here's a tiny summary: Spanx pants are a fantastic, comfortable option for work, and you'll find yourself gravitating to them throughout the week.
What you wear to work - like what you wear on an eight-hour flight - can make all the difference.Ideally, work clothes have a stacked resume: professional, versatile, easy to care for, and comfortable to wear. Hopefully, they'll also be affordable.Advertisement
As time goes by, you create a meticulously curated uniform: the perfect tuckable button-up, the seamless underwear you can forget you're wearing, the exact-right walkable heel or professional flats that feel custom-made, a bra that you would voluntarily wear every single day... the list goes on.
Shapewear brand Spanx is responsible for great leggings, Insider Picks' top overall choice for tights, and my personal favorite supportive, soft, everyday bra with wide straps; and now, it's entering the race for the perfect black pant - the veritable backbone of many a work wardrobe.Spanx's "Perfect Black Pant" collection includes four different styles: the Backseam Skinny ($128), 4-Pocket ($110), Hi-Rise Flare ($148), and the Cropped Flare ($110). The material is a machine-washable, comfortable, smoothing Ponte fabric. Each style comes in petite, regular, or tall inseams and sizes XS-3X.
The perfect black pant borrows some of the skills Spanx has earned its reputation for, like a smoothing, lengthening effect. But, unlike its shapewear, you won't feel constricted. The Ponte material has four-way stretch and a pull-on band that's easy to get on and prevents any segmentation or muffin top. In other words, just a really well-made iteration of the black work pant.To see how the pant stacked up in person, I asked three women - all of whom spend their days discovering, testing, and reviewing the best products and clothing you can buy online - to pass judgment.
Keep reading to find our reviews of the Spanx Perfect Black Pant ($110-$148):
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Back Seam SkinnyAdvertisement
- Red bricks don’t just make walls, they can now power your house too
- India approves another $1.2 billion for defence over and above the $5.5 billion last month
- Best gaming consoles in India
- IT and media employees are in no hurry to get back to office — not until there are proper policies in place
- Here’s a look back at Rahat Indori’s famous poetry and shayari