2 Eastern European soccer teams played out the craziest sporting event of 2020 so far with a match featuring 12 goals, 2 red cards, and a dramatic penalty shoot-out
- 26-time Romanian champion Steaua Bucuresti edged past Serbian minnow Backa Topola saw out a crazy 6-6 draw in Europa League qualifying on Thursday.
- The thrilling affair also saw two red cards and a penalty shootout, which Steaua won 5-4.
- "What a match,what an evening," Steaua's Dennis Man said after on Instagram. "I never thought I would meet such a crazy match."
The qualifying stages of the Europa League have become renowned for producing some of the wildest matches on the continent in recent years.
And on Thursday night, it perhaps saw its craziest ever as 26-time Romanian champion Steaua Bucuresti edged past Serbian minnow Backa Topola after a thrilling 6-6 draw which ended in a penalty shoot out.Topola were 2-0 up inside just 14 minutes at the at the City Stadium in Vojvodina, Serbia, however were pegged back to 2-2 just after half time – hampered by a red card for one of the team's defenders.
Two goals apiece – and a second red card for Topola – then followed in overtime to make the score 6-6, before Steaua emerged as 5-4 winners in a penalty shoot out.
—FC Steaua EN (@FCSBEnglish) September 17, 2020"What a match, what an evening," Steaua's Dennis Man, who scored a hat trick on the night said afterwards on Instagram. "I never thought I would meet such a crazy match.
"It proved that we are a team, a united family and we will never step aside. Never stop fighting! The road continues and we will do everything we can to bring the team where it belongs, we will give everything until the end."Steaua will now take on Czech side FC Slovan Liberec in the third qualifying round on September 24. Let's hope for more of the same.
Read more:A German soccer player jumped into the stands and attacked an opposition fan who was insulting his family, shoving them to the ground
- Sanofi, GSK to supply COVAX with 200 mn doses of COVID-19 vaccine (Ld)
- After Bihar, now BJP promises free Corona vaccine in MP
- Sanofi, GSK to support COVAX with 200mn doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Union Minister Smriti Irani tests positive for COVID-19
- Samsung overtakes Xiaomi to retake the smartphone crown in India