A 23-year-old fighter landed the best shot of the weekend with a thunderous, one-punch, walk-off knockout
- Marcos Breno, a 23-year-old fighter, landed the punch of the weekend in combat sport.
- The bantamweight scored a thunderous, one-punch, walk-off KO at an LFA event in Brazil.
- Watch it right here.
Marcos Breno, a 23-year-old MMA fighter, landed the best shot of the weekend with a thunderous, one-punch, walk-off knockout.
It may well have been the best shot of his career, too, and it all went down at the Legacy Fighting Alliance (LFA) 111 combat sports event Friday at the Upper Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Breno fought Ary Farias in the penultimate match of the 11-bout card, and needed just 56 seconds to poleaxe his opponent with a shot which has now been widely shared on the internet.
Breno's one-punch finish was thrown so well, so efficiently, and so hard that it left Farias face-down on the canvas.
The referee charged to the fallen fighter as Farias was clearly beaten and in a non-responsive position.
Other athletes may have pounced on Farias to close the show by hitting him with afters until the referee pulled the victor off.
However, Breno nonchalantly walked away from Farias as if he knew full well a first-round knockout was always going to be the outcome.
Watch it right here:
-UFC FIGHT PASS (@UFCFightPass) July 17, 2021
Victory advanced Breno's pro MMA record to 14 wins (eight knockouts, five submissions, and one decision) against two losses. It was his first appearance for the LFA.
There's a quick turnaround for Breno as the Brazilian returns to fighting August 5 for a bantamweight match against Joao Souza at the Standout Fighting Tournament 28 event in Sao Paulo.
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state