A brother vs. brother fight took place on ice over the weekend and one of them got knocked out cold
- If you've ever been to a boxing match and wondered if a hockey game might break out, Ice Wars may be for you.
- Ice Wars combines parts of boxing and ice hockey, and it held its first event Saturday.
A brother vs. brother boxing match on ice yielded a knockout win at a bizarre combat sports event called Ice Wars that took place Saturday at the River Cree Resort and Casino in Edmonton, Canada.
Ice Wars is the brainchild of president and founder A.J. Galante who wanted to create a new combat sport by combining boxing-type rules with ice hockey fights.
The result is Ice Wars, and it held its first promotion Saturday in Alberta.
"It's a play on something that has been part of hockey lore and tradition — but it's not hockey," Galante said ahead of the inaugural event, according to Yahoo.
"It's not going to be for everyone, but I believe there is a huge market for it, and I believe we're going to do something special."
The rules appear to be simple, according to the promotion's official website:
- No head-butting, kicking, or biting;
- No pulling hair, kneeling, tripping;
- No holding opponents' gloves;
- Helmets and gloves must stay on all fights.
One of the fights in the first Ice Wars show captured nearly all of the headlines, as it took the notion of sibling rivalry to another level by pitting Jordan Kennedy against his brother, Ben.
The clip below shows that Jordan won the fight by knockout, with Ben hitting the deck during the action.
Watch it right here:
—FITE (@FiteTV) May 22, 2022
It is unclear when Ice Wars will return, but the May 21 show was apparently one of an ongoing four-event sequence.
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- The rally in stocks will trick investors into thinking the bear market is over, but there's still a case for the S&P 500 to fall another 26% next year, Morgan Stanley's Mike Wilson says
- Adani may be the richest Indian but Ambani’s RIL retains the top spot on Hurun's list of most valuable companies
- Rupee gains 18 paise to 81.08 against US dollar
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- 234-year-old company EID Parry is only a tad more valuable than year-old unicorn GlobalBees
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World