A Bucs player took a shot at former teammate Jameis Winston for throwing 3 late, game-changing interceptions
- The Saints' Jameis Winston threw three fourth-quarter interceptions, including a pick-six, against the Bucs.
- After the game, Tampa linebacker Devin White said the Bucs knew it was only a matter of time before their former QB turned the ball over.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Devin White knows the scouting report on Jameis Winston.
Winston, the former Bucs QB who is now with the New Orleans Saints, threw three fourth-quarter interceptions in a 20-10 loss to Tampa Bay on Sunday.
Tied 3-3 in the fourth quarter, Winston turned the ball over on three straight possessions, leading to two touchdowns and a Bucs field goal. The third and final interception, a pick-six, put the Bucs up 20-3 with 5:50 left in the game.
In a postgame interview, White referenced Winston's 2019 season with the Bucs, when he threw a league-leading 30 interceptions. White said the Bucs were simply waiting for Winston to slip up.
"When Jameis left our team, everybody knows what he did that last year ... he threw 30 picks," White said. "We just knew he'd give us the ball."
—Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) September 18, 2022
Winston's bevy of turnovers — 88 in five seasons with the Bucs — was partially what led Tampa Bay to let the former No. 1 pick leave in free agency in 2020. Of course, they replaced him with the greatest quarterback of all-time that same off-season.
Winston has played sparingly in two seasons with the Saints, but is now the team's starting quarterback.
After Sunday's game, Winston said he had to do a better job at taking care of the ball.
"What is most important is offensively I have to do a better job of executing on third downs, and I can't give them the football," Winston said.
Sunday's game overall was an ugly mess, featuring six total turnovers and just two field goals through three quarters. Tom Brady angrily smashed a tablet after a failed offensive possession. Bucs receiver Mike Evans and Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore got into a fight and were ejected.
The Week 13 matchup between the two division rivals is shaping up to be another slugfest, with Winston looking for revenge on his former team.
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World