A cute video of an 11-year-old Emma Raducanu vowing to one day win a Grand Slam has resurfaced after her US Open triumph
- A cute video of Emma Raducanu when she just 11 years old shows her vowing to one day win a Grand Slam.
- The now 18-year-old was crowned US Open champion earlier this month.
- "If I work on my game and pull it together, then maybe it will happen one day," she said.
Emma Raducanu has long had her eyes on a Grand Slam title.
In an resurfaced interview with Sky Sports when she was just 11 years old, the recently crowned US Open winner vowed that one day she would be a tennis champion.
"Do you one day dream of becoming a Grand Slam champion?" the teenager was asked by journalist Jeanette Kwakye.
She replied: "Yeah, I know it's really hard work, but hopefully if I work on my game and pull it together, then maybe it will happen one day."
-Jeanette Kwakye (@JNETTEKWAKYE) September 16, 2021
In the clip, shared by Kwakye on Thursday, a young Raducanu can also be heard talking about her biggest tennis idols.
"I like Li Na because she has really good work ethic and good movement around the court," she said, speaking of the then-world number two.
"And Roger Federer from the men because because he just moves around so swiftly and make it look easy."
Talking of making things look easy, Raducanu did just that at Flushing Meadows earlier this month as she won her first ever Grand Slam title.
The 18-year-old qualifier won the tournament without dropping a single set in all seven main-draw matches and three qualifying matches.
As well as earning a shiny new trophy for her cabinet and a tidy $2.5 million dollars - the British star was also sent a congratulatory letter by the Queen.
"I send my congratulations to you on your success in winning the United States Open Tennis Championships," Her Majesty wrote in the letter. "It is a remarkable achievement at such a young age, and is testament to your hard work and dedication."
Raducanu says she plans to frame the letter.
"It's absolutely insane, it's incredible, I was so honored and grateful to receive a note from Her Majesty," she said. "It meant everything to me and I will probably frame that letter."
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala