A TV presenter awkwardly handed 15-year-old Coco Gauff a bottle of wine after she won her first WTA title, and she didn't know what to do with it
- Cori "Coco" Gauff, the 15-year-old American, won her first WTA singles tennis title on Sunday at the Linz Open in Austria.
- After the victory, a TV presenter awkwardly handed her a bottle of wine - but she didn't appear to know what to do with it.
- The legal drinking age in the US is 21, though it's only 16 in Austria.
- Watch the awkward moment below.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A TV presenter awkwardly handed 15-year-old Cori "Coco" Gauff a bottle of wine after she won her first WTA title, and she didn't know what to do with it.Gauff is the teenage sensation who has taken the tennis world by storm this year, transcending her sport with a remarkable victory over Venus Williams at the 2019 Wimbledon Championships together with the numerous wins that followed.
After the victory, the Eurosport TV presenter Barbara Schett-Eagle presented her with a bottle of wine, but being 15 years old and under the legal drinking age in both the US (21) and Austria (16), Gauff looked like she didn't even want to accept it.Watch the awkward moment right here:Ostapenko hailed Gauff after losing to her at the Linz Open in Austria. "You have a bright future," Ostapenko said, according to CNN. "I am really glad to share the court with you."
Gauff, meanwhile, said: "It's been an unbelievable week and definitely one of the biggest accomplishments of my career so far."
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021