A women's MMA fighter was left wearing a mask of blood after she was hit 215 times in a UFC bout
Ketlen Vieiraendured a bloody day at the office Saturday.
- She lost a three-round decision to
Yana Kunitskayaat a UFCshow in Las Vegas.
- Warning: graphic photo below.
A women's MMA fighter called Ketlen Vieira was left wearing a mask of blood after she was hit 215 times in a UFC bout Saturday.
It went down at the behind-closed-doors UFC Fight Night 185 event inside the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, with a catchweight (138-pounds) match between Vieira and Yana Kunitskaya serving as the co-main event to a headline heavyweight bout between Derrick Lewis and Curtis Blaydes.The 29-year-old Vieira is an expert in judo, Brazilian jiu jitsu, and wrestling. Four of her 11 wins have come via submission.
At the end of the three rounds, Vieira completed three of her eight takedowns with 35 of her 51 strikes landing (68% accuracy), compared to Kunitskaya's focus on striking and striking alone, with 215 of her 247 strikes landing (87%).Kunitskaya's method of attack was more damaging - as this photo demonstrates.
Warning: Graphic.Though Vieira did manage to take the fight to the ground, Kunitskaya was still able to land effective strikes and a volley of elbows opened up a weeping gash on her head. Most of Kunitskaya's heavier shots targeted Vieira's body, though she was also an effective attacker of her opponent's legs, and head.
With victory, she advanced her pro MMA record to 14 wins (seven knockouts, one submission, and six decisions) against five losses.
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC
- NITI Aayog proposes price of COVID-19 between ₹300-500