Brittney Griner played up her mock translator role as Diana Taurasi answered another question in Spanish at the WNBA Finals
WNBA; Just Women's Sports/Twitter
- WNBA superstar Brittney Griner has become the unofficial, ill-equipped translator for the Phoenix Mercury.
- Her legendary teammate - WNBA all-time leading scorer Diana Taurasi - has seamlessly switched languages to answer a question in back-to-back press conferences at the WNBA Finals.
- Griner seemed surprised the first time Taurasi fielded a question in Spanish, but when the 10-time WNBA All-Star was asked another one after the Mercury's Game 2 victory Wednesday night, the 6-foot-9 dunker was prepared to offer mock translations for the group.
- As Taurasi mixed some English words - "overtime," for example - into her answer, Griner would knowingly nod her head and jokingly explain the meaning to everyone else in the room.
- At the end of Taurasi's answer, a Phoenix staffer asked "Brittney, translation?" and she erupted into a fit of giggles.
-Just Women’s Sports (@justwsports) October 14, 2021
Popular on BI
- Best floodlights for outdoors in India
- CCI approves HDFC Bank's acquisition of 4.99% stake in HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- Best front lights for bicycles in India
- Best document scanners for office and home use in India
- BCCI announces two new IPL teams — Check out the owners of Lucknow and Ahmedabad franchises