Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly says goodbye to his teammates as a transfer to Manchester City looms
- The soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is said to be on the verge of a move to Manchester City.
- Sky Sports Italy reports that he said goodbye to his Juventus teammates, missing Friday's training.
- Manchester City is searching for a striker, having missed out on Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Kane.
Ronaldo is in the final year of his contract with the Italian giant, and Juventus is said to be keen to move him on.
Sky also reports that the soccer superagent Jorge Mendes, who represents Ronaldo, told Juventus on Thursday that the four-time Ballon d'Or winner no longer wished to play for the club.
Speculation suggests Manchester City is the next destination for the Portuguese superstar, with the English club prepared to offer him a two-year contract.
It was reported Thursday that Ronaldo had agreed to personal terms with City, with the buying and selling clubs discussing a suitable fee for the transfer.
The Italian club is said to want $30 million, with the Premier League champions in turn said to want no fee at all.
Ronaldo appears to be a backup plan for City, which spent all summer pursuing Harry Kane. The Tottenham and England captain, though, announced this week that he would be staying at the London club.
-Harry Kane (@HKane) August 25, 2021
Ronaldo, 36, a former Manchester United player, may be motivated to move after seeing Lionel Messi move to Paris Saint-Germain this month.
- ‘Padman of 2022’: Shark Peyush Bansal offers founder of women’s hygiene startup PadCare a blank cheque
- Gautam Adani lost $52 billion in 6 days. That's over 3 times what Sam Bankman-Fried lost in a similar timeframe.
- A 45-year-old biotech CEO may have reduced his biological age by at least 5 years through a rigorous medical program that can cost up to $2 million a year, Bloomberg reported
- Measures in place to address excess volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months
- Vani Jayaram, the voice behind 10,000 songs, passes away at 78
- Not the first time FPO is taken back, won't affect image of the country: FM