Lamar Jackson needed extra jerseys to swap after his latest MVP performance because Jets players were lining up like he was their childhood hero
Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
- After posting yet another huge performance for the Baltimore Ravens, second-year quarterback Lamar Jackson was in high demand for his postgame jersey swap.
- The 22-year-old wunderkind had to bring extra jerseys out to the field so that every New York Jets player who wanted a souvenir could get their own.
- Jackson posted five touchdowns and 212 passing yards in the 42-21 rout that clinched the Ravens' second consecutive AFC North title.
- The Louisville product also broke Michael Vick's single-season rushing yards record for a quarterback in the first quarter of the game, further bolstering his case to win NFL MVP.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Lamar Jackson is a hot commodity.The second-year Baltimore Ravens quarterback all but cemented his case for NFL 2019 MVP with a five-touchdown, 212 passing yard performance against the New York Jets Thursday night. And after the game, Jackson's opponents treated him with the reverence of a legend.
The Louisville product's superstar treatment is not remotely unwarranted. Jackson has amassed a whopping 2,889 total yards and 33 touchdowns through 14 games this season. And Thursday night, he broke Michael Vick's single-season rushing yards record for a quarterback on a fake handoff in the first quarter of the game.But Jackson's success hasn't stopped with him. With their 42-21 rout of New York, the Ravens clinched their second consecutive AFC North title. Baltimore is poised to make a deep run in the postseason thanks in no small part to its flashy, dual-threat wunderkind.
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit