Miami Dolphins bamboozle Philadelphia Eagles with punter-to-kicker trick play touchdown pass
- The Miami Dolphins executed the best trick play of the NFL season against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.
- Facing fourth-and-goal from the one-yard line, the Dolphins trotted out their field goal unit only to shift out into a wild formation that left the Eagles defense confounded.
- After punter/holder Matt Haack took the snap, he drew the attention of the Eagles defense before shoveling a pass to kicker Jason Sanders to score an easy touchdown.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The Miami Dolphins pulled off the best trick play of the NFL season against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.Facing fourth-and-goal from the one-yard line late in the second quarter, the Dolphins brought out their field goal unit.
The Eagles unit did their best to respond, matching the Dolphins' numbers at the ball and overloading the left side, apparently in anticipation of a screen pass.Haack then took the snap, and after feinting a run to the left and forcing the Eagles defense to crash on him, shoveled a pass to kicker Jason Sanders, who had shrugged off a block and slipped into the end zone completely unmarked.
Touchdown Dolphins.On Twitter, fans were in awe of the Dolphins trickery, hailing it as one of the best plays of the year.
The Miami Dolphins have been playing through a lost season for basically the entire year, but even with the team's front office waiting for 2020, the players and coaches on the field are clearly still in it to win it.Browns and Steelers trade barbs through T-shirts ahead of rematch after Myles Garrett-Mason Rudolph brawl
I have never seen this play before. Has anyone? https://t.co/Bkr9I3FnH6- Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 1, 2019
The Dolphins should just keep running that play as their base offense for the rest of the season. Who cares.- Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) December 1, 2019
Dolphins with an unreal "swinging gate" fake FG play for a TD. Nothing to lose Dolphins are fun as hell.- Matthew Berry (@MatthewBerryTMR) December 1, 2019
- K'taka health minister defends Covaxin, says it's safe
- Expert panel recommends Phase 1 trial of nasal Covid-19 vaccine (IANS Exclusive, Lead)
- Bombay High Court permits Sebamed ads targeting Dove with no changes and asks to put an end on Lux’s comparison with Rin
- Vaccine hesitancy among healthcare workers must end: Govt
- Software firm Magenic is the third acquisition of Cognizant in January this year