Olympic cameraman stopped filming field hockey to focus on a cockroach in the game's final minutes, baffling fans
- An Olympic broadcast featured an unexpected guest: a cockroach.
- The broadcast focused on the bug crawling on a ledge during an Olympic preliminary field hockey game.
- The unusual decision confused fans.
Viewers watching a preliminary round women's field hockey match at the Tokyo Olympics got an unusual shock this week when the broadcast chose to focus on a cockroach in the stadium during the final moments of the game.
The strange choice of camerawork came in the dying minutes of a pool Olympic women's field hockey match between Argentina and Spain on Monday.
With just over 5 minutes left in the game and Argentina holding a 1-0 lead, the camera cut to the creepy crawler scuttling across a ledge at the event. The roach's starring role can still be seen on NBC's recap of the event.
The decision left many fans on social media confused.
-Stephen Simadibrata (Blubasaur) (@stephen_simadi) July 28, 2021
-❀ (@xocyara) July 29, 2021
The Argentinan women's team would go on to win the match 3-0.
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022
- Here is what the Indian film industry can learn from gig economy firms like Zomato and Urban Company
- Cat lover? Here’s a chance to do your favourite thing for research — watch cat videos
- India should let tele migration bloom before worrying about how to tax writers, creators and consultants, says India’s Chief Economic Advisor K V Subramanian