Tom Brady sent Kelsey Plum a gift after the WNBA superstar barked at him when the QB sat courtside at an Aces game
- Tom Brady sent Kelsey Plum a jersey and other swag after the pair met at a recent WNBA game.
- The Las Vegas Aces superstar flipped out upon unboxing the gift from the Buccaneers quarterback.
Kelsey Plum hasn't exactly been shy about her appreciation for Tom Brady.
So when the WNBA superstar received a package from the seven-time Super Bowl champion, you can imagine how the scene unfolded.
In a video she posted on her Instagram story, Plum reacted with disbelief upon opening a box filled with a variety of merchandise courtesy of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback. Her mouth agape, the 2022 WNBA All-Star Game MVP pulled out Brady's red Bucs jersey and a handwritten note scrawled over the white No. 12.
"Kelsey, you are amazing," the message written over the No. 1 said.
Brady's signature appeared over the No. 2 along with "Good luck!" and "L.F.G."
"No!" Plum screamed in excitement before jumping around her kitchen. She slipped the jersey over her head as she yelled and then covered her face in astonishment.
Plum reached back into the box, found a pair of black pants, and slipped those on as well. She began digging around for more as the video ended.
Brady later reshared the clip — which found its way across social media — on Twitter, adding "#LFG @Kelseyplum10 ."
—Tom Brady (@TomBrady) July 23, 2022
Brady and Plum first met in May, when the three-time NFL MVP sat courtside at Michelob Ultra Arena to watch Plum's Las Vegas Aces take on the Connecticut Sun. At first, the point guard resolved to play it cool, but she later said that after making eye contact with her "favorite athlete," she "was like, 'Screw it!'"
"I went right up to him," Plum said in a postgame press conference. "I dapped him up, gave him a big hug, and I was like, 'Man, you're a dog, I love you.'"
"He looked at me and he was like, 'Yeah!'" Plum added. "We connected."
"By barking," Plum's teammate A'ja Wilson, the 2020 WNBA MVP, said from the seat next to Plum. "This woman just barked at Tom Brady."
"He's not going to forget that," Plum added with a smile.
—desiree (@desireexcamacho) June 1, 2022
Canine antics aside, Plum is enjoying a career season this summer. She ranks second in the WNBA with 20.1 points a game and averages 5.3 assists to boot. Plus, with a Western Conference-leading 20-8 record, the Aces are the class of the league.
Plum and company could well be en route to another appearance in the WNBA Finals. And maybe this year — with some guidance from her new friend, the winningest player in NFL history — the superstar will wind up with a ring of her own.
- Wild video shows Florida police officers wrangling a huge alligator in the middle of the street
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge
- India exported military hardware worth ₹15,920 crore in 2022-23: Rajnath
- From Citadel to Ponniyin Selvan 2: a look at the shows & movies releasing in April