Stephen Colbert makes Trump look foolish in an 'interview' with the president
"The Late Show with Stephen Colbert"/CBS; YouTube
The "Late Show" team pieced together footage from CBS's "Face the Nation" sit-down with Trump earlier this week and inserted Colbert as the interviewer, in a way that made Trump look distinctly unpresidential."Now, sir, you've been in office for 100 days. What do you think people are saying about you?" Colbert asked in the "exclusive interview."
The strained US-North Korea relationship has been a hot topic in the past few weeks, so Colbert sought to find out where Trump stands on the potential conflict."Are you afraid you might start a nuclear war with North Korea?" the host asked.
"I was all set to do it," Trump responded in the edited footage. "As we were sitting here, I was going to have to delay you. I was going to do it as we're sitting here."Through the rejiggered footage, Colbert goes on to get Trump to say he won't touch NAFTA and Medicare, but what about "an unsuspecting woman's behind"?"I will touch that," Trump said in the clip.
Watch the video below:
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year