Stephen Colbert makes Trump look foolish in an 'interview' with the president
"The Late Show with Stephen Colbert"/CBS; YouTube
The "Late Show" team pieced together footage from CBS's "Face the Nation" sit-down with Trump earlier this week and inserted Colbert as the interviewer, in a way that made Trump look distinctly unpresidential.
"Now, sir, you've been in office for 100 days. What do you think people are saying about you?" Colbert asked in the "exclusive interview."
"People are saying, 'Is he sane? I have no idea,'" Trump responded in the hijacked footage.
The strained US-North Korea relationship has been a hot topic in the past few weeks, so Colbert sought to find out where Trump stands on the potential conflict.
"Are you afraid you might start a nuclear war with North Korea?" the host asked.
"I was all set to do it," Trump responded in the edited footage. "As we were sitting here, I was going to have to delay you. I was going to do it as we're sitting here."
Through the rejiggered footage, Colbert goes on to get Trump to say he won't touch NAFTA and Medicare, but what about "an unsuspecting woman's behind"?
"I will touch that," Trump said in the clip.
Watch the video below:
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report
- After Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Maruti Suzuki, now Tata Motors increases price of its vehicles from January
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy