Balaji Speciality Chemicals files draft papers for IPO
- Balaji Speciality’s offer consists of a fresh issue of equity shares worth ₹250 crore.
- The company’s shareholders and promoters have proposed to sell up to 26 lakh equity shares.
- It intends to use the proceeds to repay ₹68 crore in debt and use ₹119.5 crore for working capital.
AdvertisementSolapur-based speciality chemical company Balaji Speciality Chemicals on August 12 filed its preliminary papers with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for an initial public offering (IPO).
Balaji Speciality Chemicals, in its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP), mentioned that the offer consists of a fresh issue of shares worth ₹250 crore and an offer-for-sale (OFS) of up to 26 lakh equity shares sold by the promoters and shareholders in the company.
|Selling Shareholder||Type||Number of Equity Shares Up For Sale|
|Ande Prathap Reddy||Promoter Group||Up to 1,030,000 equity shares|
|Ande Srinivas Reddy||Promoter Group||Up to 5,600,000 equity shares|
|Ram Reddy Dundurapu||Promoter Group||Up to 1,900,000 equity shares|
|Rajeshwar Reddy Nomula||Promoter Group||Up to 2,300,000 equity shares|
|Gaddam Hemanth Reddy||Promoter Group||Up to 660,000 equity shares|
|Achanta Annapurna||Promoter Group||Up to 2,250,000 equity shares|
|Dundurapu Vandana Reddy||Promoter Group||Up to 2,000,000 equity shares|
The company intends to use the proceeds from the issue to repay ₹68 crore in debt and use ₹119.5 crore for working capital and general corporate purposes. The company may also look to raise an additional ₹50 crore in a pre-IPO placement.
Incorporated in 2010, Balaji Speciality Chemicals is a subsidiary of Balaji Amines Ltd, which is the sole manufacturer of niche chemicals such as Ethylene Diamine (EDA), Piperazine Anhydrous (PIP), Diethylenetriamine (DETA), Aminoethyl ethanolamine (AEEA) and Aminoethyl Piperazine (AEP), using the MonoethanolAmine (MEA) process.
The chemicals manufactured by Balaji Speciality Chemicals is an import substitute and are used in various industries such as speciality chemicals, agrochemicals, and pharmaceuticals. Its key customers include Nanjing Union Chemical Co. Ltd, Korea India Ltd, UPL Ltd, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd and Aarti Drugs Ltd.
Its customer base has grown from 45 to 182 customers in the last two fiscal years, the company said.The company’s revenue from operations almost tripled to ₹514.28 crore in fiscal year 2022, from ₹174.4 crore a year ago. Its profit also grew 10 fold to ₹108.95 crore in FY2022 from ₹10.4 crore in FY2021.
Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
Indian moviegoers might stay home this August in spite of big releases, says survey
Web3 is at an inflection point where online assets will start staying online: Survey
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns