Robinhood is now eyeing an IPO in July at a $40 billion valuation, report says
Robinhoodis aiming for a July IPOafter delaying its plans this month, Bloomberg reported.
- The investment app wants to wait until people return from the July 4 holiday, the report said.
- The platform rolled out a service to let investors to buy into IPOs, including its own, last month.
Robinhood is targeting a stock market debut in July, after its plan to go public this month fell through, Bloomberg reported.The popular investing-app provider, expected to trade on the Nasdaq index, wants to time its
View all Offers
Dettol Original Germ Protection Bathing Soap bar, 125 gm, Buy 4 Get 1 Free₹ 220Buy On
Dettol Original Germ Protection Liquid Handwash Refill, 1500ml (Price Off)₹ 208Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control, with Onion Oil & Plant Keratin 250ml₹ 349Buy On
- 30% OFF
Pampers All round Protection Pants, Large size baby diapers (LG) 64 Count, Anti Rash diapers, Lotion with Aloe Vera₹ 801₹ 1149Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Oil for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control with Redensyl 150ml₹ 399Buy On
Popular among retail investors, Robinhood counted more than 13 million users at the end of 2020. It has been credited with helping enable the trading frenzy that sent GameStop stock skyrocketing this year.The trading platform scored an $11.7 billion valuation at a funding round late last year. But secondary shares have given the company a valuation of as much as $40 billion, according to Bloomberg Intelligence analyst David Ritter.
Three new independent directors joined Robinhood's board earlier this month. The addition of its first female director, Paula Loop, helps it meet a requirement by underwriter Goldman Sachs that all companies seeking to go public must have at least one diverse board member.Last month, the company rolled out a service that allows users to buy into IPOs alongside institutions and wealthier investors - including into its own listing. Robinhood declined to comment about its plans for July.
- Weekend watch list for OTT — Fahadh Faasil’s Malik to Farhan Akhtar’s Toofan and more
- Reliance Retail surprises all by more than doubling its net profit in the last three months
- Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
- YES Bank’s net profit grows four fold as provision for bad loans shrink
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones