Top stock movers — Future Retail, INOX, PVR, Tata Elxsi, MTNL, Ashok Leyland and others
- The 30-share BSE index Sensex was down 37.38 points, and the NSE Nifty was trading 0.10% lower at 10:10 am.
- Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
The 30-share BSE index Sensex was down 37.38 points, and the NSE Nifty was trading 0.10% lower at 10:10 am.
Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
*as of October 15, 10:00 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
|Tata Steel||HCL Tech|
These are the top stocks in news today.
MTNL shares up 7%
The shares of state-owned Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) were up 7% after the central government mandated all ministries, public departments and public sector units to use telecom services of state-run BSNL and MTNL.
PVR and INOX Leisure shares up 1%
The shares of cinema giants PVR and INOX Leisure were up nearly 1% after Delhi, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh decided to reopen cinema halls as per the MHA Unlock guidelines.
Tata Elxsi gains 5%
The Tata Elxsi shares gained over 5% — touching a new 52 week high, after the company reported a profit of ₹78.9 crore for the second quarter compared to ₹49.8 crore during the same period last year. The revenue rose to ₹430.2 crore from ₹385.8 crore in the year-ago period.
AdvertisementAshok Leyland leaps 5% in a volatile market
The shares of automaker Ashok Leyland were up 5% after brokerages upgraded their rating to ‘Buy’. Axis Securities has pegged a target price of ₹90. Last week Edelweiss rated it ‘Buy’ with a target price of ₹83.
Infosys up 4% in opening trade
The shares of Indian IT giant Infosys opened 4% higher after the company reported a stellar quarter led by record deal wins, and it has also raised the FY21 guidance. The company also gave its employees 100% variable pay over the last three months and restarted the promotion process for junior-level employees.
AdvertisementFuture Retail up over 2%
The shares of Kishore Biyani-led Future Retail were up 2% after media reports citing industry sources claimed that Amazon could not challenge Future Group to deal with Reliance as it does not involve Future Coupons.
SEE ALSO: Infosys share price hits fresh 52-week high after highest-ever deal wins of over $3 billion
Likhitha Infrastructure lists at 8% premium over the issue price
World Bank President says COVID-19 pandemic is causing the one of the deepest recessions since Great Depression
- How Adtech is helping to optimize revenue streams to monetization content for media & advertising during this age of online boom post COVID-19
- Russia to produce Sputnik V Covid vaccine in India
- Malaria No More India and Times Bridge launch a Google Assistant feature that will answer people’s queries on malaria
- Burger King India is all set to float its ₹810 crore IPO next week — Here are the details
- Bitcoin’s record run over seven weeks makes a sharp U-turn but experts call it a healthy correction