Top stock movers — Infosys, Wipro, TCS, HCL Tech, PVR, Sun Pharma, Adani Ports, IndusInd Bank, and others
- The 30-share BSE index was trading 183.86 points higher, and the broader NSE Nifty climbed 49.50 points on Wednesday at 9:45 am.
- Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementEquity benchmark Sensex surged over 180 points in early trade on Wednesday, tracking gains in IT stocks and ahead of the outcome of the US presidential elections.
The 30-share BSE index was trading 183.86 points higher, and the broader NSE Nifty climbed 49.50 points on Wednesday at 9:45 am.
Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
*as of November 4, 9:50 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
|Sun Pharma||Power Grid|
|Tech Mahindra||ICICI Bank|
These are the top stocks in news today.
JMC Projects shed 3% post Q2 numbers
The shares of JMC Projects shed over 3% during the early trading hours on Wednesday. This comes on back of its performance in the second quarter, where it posted a net loss of ₹18.13 crore.
PVR leaps over 6% despite weak Q2 numbers
The shares of PVR gained over 6% after the company said it got complete rent waiver on lockdown period on 60% of its screens and significant discounts on re-opening. It has also secured permission to re-open 575 out of the total 831 screens.
Sun Pharma extends gain to the second day
The shares of Sun Pharma soared 4% extending gains to the second day after reporting 70.4% year-on-year growth in consolidated profit to ₹1,813 crore for the second quarter ended September 30.
Adani Ports trades 3% higher
AdvertisementThe shares of Adani Ports rose over 3% after the company reported a 31.57% increase in its consolidated profit to ₹1,393.69 crore for the second quarter ended on September 30. Its total consolidated income increased to ₹3,423.16 crore for the second quarter, as against ₹3,326.90 crore in the year-ago period.
Ajanta Pharma gains 2%
The shares of pharma giant, Ajanta Pharma were up 2% after its board approved the proposal to buyback its fully paid-up 7.35 lakh equity shares at a price of ₹1,850 each for an aggregate consideration not exceeding ₹135.97 crore.
IndusInd Bank trades 3% higher after brokerages revise target price
The shares of IndusInd Bank gained over 3% after Motilal Oswal and Edelweiss revised their recommendations for the stock. Motilal and Edelweiss both have a ‘buy’ rating with a target price of ₹720.
Infosys, Wipro, TCS, HCL Tech rally
AdvertisementThe shares of Infosys, Wipro, TCS, HCL Tech and other IT stocks rallied as the vote counting for the US presidential election is underway. Angel Broking’s analysts also told Business Insider that Biden’s victory would also be extremely positive for the IT sector as the restrictions placed on H1B visas by the Trump administration are likely to be reversed.
SEE ALSO: Here’s when we will know the 2020 US election results
Ratan Tata, Mukesh Ambani and Uday Kotak to be a part of PM Modi's Virtual Global Investor Roundtable on Thursday
Popular on BI
- Neobanking platform Vance raises $5.8 million in seed round led by Hummingbird Ventures
- Natural gas price increase negative for GAIL, IGL, marginal beneficiary is RIL: Jefferies
- Auto sales remain buoyant in September with reports of a good festive season ahead
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace
- Delhi reports over 400 cases of dengue in a week, taking the tally to 937