10 major companies including Amazon, Facebook, and Salesforce that are offering cash and resources to businesses impacted by the pandemic - and how to apply
- More than half of small businesses in the US have temporarily closed their doors, or plan to this month, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Private organizations, including Amazon and Facebook, are teaming up to offer millions in cash grants and low-interest loans to small business owners.
- Amazon created a $5 million relief fund to support local businesses around its Seattle and Washington offices. Hello Alice is giving $10,000 emergency cash grants to distressed businesses in the US.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
Organizations across the country are rallying together to support small businesses fighting to survive the COVID-19 quarantine shutdown.
One in four small businesses nationwide have temporarily closed and another 40% expect to this month, according to a recent survey from MetLife and the US Chamber of Commerce. While federal grants and loans are in the works, the exact timing for disbursement remains uncertain. States and cities are also doing their part by reallocating as many funds as they can toward small business assistance, however, most of the programs are quickly getting oversubscribed.
To help meet the surging demand for relief aid companies, including Facebook, Amazon, Salesforce, and others, are launching funding initiatives of their own.
From micro-grants to ad credits and low-interest loans, here is a list of 10 companies offering financial relief for small business owners, in alphabetical order.
- How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
- Elon Musk praised Netflix for telling employees to quit if they couldn't work on content they disagreed with. He previously bashed the platform as having a 'woke mind virus.'
- The Terra LUNA crypto crash has sparked the debate on ‘true’ decentralisation
- Watch: Astronaut shares breathtaking photos of the moon as seen from space during Lunar Eclipse
- Luna founder proposes hard fork to correct design flaws in ecosystem
- Rush Gaming Universe announces whitepaper with a roadmap to create new economic opportunities for Indians
- Maruti Suzuki India to set up its third facility with an outlay of ₹18,000 crore in Haryana
- Apple is reportedly testing color e-ink displays for foldable devices