Gen Z business students say these are the 50 best global companies for diversity and inclusion
- Diversity and inclusion is an increasingly important driver of business success.
- Employer branding specialist Universum just released a Diversity and Inclusion index based on a survey of tens of thousands of college students around the world, asking what the next generation of talent is looking for from their future employers.
- Big tech companies and consumer goods are widely viewed by business students as being champions of diversity and inclusion.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Diversity and inclusion is an increasingly important driver of business success, and the world's top companies are competing to attract talent from a wide array of backgrounds.
And initiatives to push for a more open and inclusive workplace could be particularly important to Gen Z, the most diverse generation in history. Gen Z students who identify as LGBT and Latino in particular have prioritized a commitment to diversity and inclusion as an important feature of their ideal future employers.
Employer branding specialist Universum annually surveys tens of thousands of college students around the world to determine what the next generation of talent is looking for from their future employers. The survey asks respondents about which companies or organizations they view as ideal places to work, and asks them to evaluate those companies across a wide range of 40 workplace attributes.
Universum has now constructed a Diversity and Inclusion index based on the survey results for three of those attributes: support for gender equality, commitment to diversity and inclusion, and respect for the company's people. The index is calculated for companies ranked on Universum's World's Most Attractive Employers list, and gives a sense of which major companies and organizations are viewed as welcoming and inclusive workplaces.
Here are the 50 best companies for diversity and inclusion, based on Universum's survey responses from business students:
47. Deutsche Bank
44. Hewlett Packard Enterprise
41. LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton
39. Ford Motor Company
34. Mondelēz International
33. Volvo Car Corporation
32. BMW Group
31. Volkswagen Group
29. McKinsey & Company
28. Grant Thornton
24. Boston Consulting Group
23. Bain & Company
22. The Coca-Cola Company
8. Johnson & Johnson
5. Procter & Gamble
4. L'Oréal Group
- Best 27-inch Full HD monitors in India
- Best printers to print, scan and copy at home or office
- Best large capacity refrigerators for home in India
- Best mice for MOBA games in India
- Best frost-free refrigerators in India