Marriott's small-business Amex card is currently offering a 100,000-point welcome bonus, but it's only available for one more week
- The Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card has been offering an elevated welcome bonus of 100,000 points.
- New cardholders can earn this bonus after spending $5,000 in the first three months.
- The offer will end on October 23, so your last chance to grab it is approaching.
- Other Bonvoy Business card benefits include a free night award each year for properties that cost up to 35,000 points, and 6x points on eligible Marriott purchases. The card has a $125 annual fee.
- Read more personal finance coverage.
If you can qualify for a small-business credit card and Marriott is your hotel chain of choice for work and personal travel, the Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex card is worth an extra-close look right now. That's because it's currently running an increased welcome bonus.New cardholders can earn 100,000 Marriott points after they spend $5,000 in the first three months, but this offer is only available until October 23, so time is running out.Advertisement
Keep in mind that we're focusing on the rewards and perks that make these credit cards great options, not things like interest rates and late fees, which will far outweigh the value of any points or miles. It's important to practice financial discipline when using credit cards by paying your balances in full each month, making payments on time, and only spending what you can afford to pay back.
Get 100,000 Marriott points toward future hotel staysAccording to The Points Guy's loyalty currency valuations, 100,000 Marriott points are worth $800. That number is based on the different ways you can use Marriott points, including what's generally the most valuable option: redeeming them for award stays at properties in the Marriott portfolio.
Depending on the cash price of the hotel rooms you're hoping to book, you could get more (or less) value out of your points, but $800 is a good baseline for getting a sense of how far these rewards will take you. A Category 4 Marriott hotel, like the Aloft Cancun or the Hotel Emiliano in Guanajuato - can you tell I have a Mexico trip on the brain? - costs 25,000 points per night at the standard (as opposed to peak or off-peak) rate, and Marriott offers a free fifth night when you redeem four nights, so you could get a five-night stay from this welcome bonus.For more context, you can check out the Marriott award chart to see how many points you'll need for a free night in every category of hotel. Read more: The best hotel credit cardsAdvertisement
Other Bonvoy Business Amex benefits
The Bonvoy Business card has a $125 annual fee and doesn't charge foreign transaction fees. It offers 6x points when you make qualifying Marriott purchases; 4x points at US restaurants, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers, and on US purchases for shipping; and 2x points on all other purchases.
Beyond the rewards, the Bonvoy Business Amex card's biggest benefit is the free award night you get each year after your account anniversary. You can redeem this night at any Marriott property that costs up to 35,000 points per night. If you use this benefit at a hotel where a room costs $125 or more per night, you're effectively getting the annual fee back.Read more: Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex card reviewAdvertisement
Keep the October 23 deadline in mind if you're interested in grabbing this welcome bonus!
- More credit card coverage
- What's the best airline credit card?
- The best cash-back credit cards
- Southwest credit card review
- Best rewards credit cards
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
Please note: While the offers mentioned above are accurate at the time of publication, they're subject to change at any time and may have changed, or may no longer be available.
- 'Tata Chemicals' recovery from COVID-19 impact is on track'
- COVID-19: Bengal records highest single-day deaths of 25 COVID-19 patients
- Maharashtra COVID-19 cases cross 2.17 lakh, 224 more die
- Mumbai: no need for prescription for COVID-19 test now
- Indo-Pacific, ways to deal with COVID-19 figure in Indo-US talks