PRESENTING: How people are flipping side-hustles selling used clothing into full-time businesses
Courtesy Shannon Welch
In a time of layoffs and skyrocketing unemployment rates, more people will be turning to side hustles to earn money.
Shopping apps like Poshmark, Depop, TheRealReal, and ThredUp are making resale an approachable market to start a side hustle or a full-fledged business. To get started, you only need to download the app on your phone and find some clothes in your closet that you're willing to sell.
Business Insider talked to entrepreneurs who sell on Poshmark and Depop to find out what it takes to start a resale business from your phone. Subscribe to learn how they scaled their shops based on sales and followers.
Subscribe to BI Prime to read these stories and more.
How to flip a resale side-hustle into a business: How entrepreneurs use apps like Poshmark to turn side hustles selling clothes into full-time gigs earning 6 figures or more
How to sell on Poshmark: The ultimate guide to starting a side hustle on hot resale app Poshmark that can net you $100,000 in extra income
How to sell on Depop: Teens are getting rich by selling their secondhand clothing. Here's how 2 Gen Z sellers built up over 130,000 followers a piece.
Bonus: The founders of a luxury resale sneaker marketplace share key tips for entrepreneurs who want to build a business in a niche marketplace
If you've created a successful side hustle or six-figure business on Poshmark and would like to share your story, please email this reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOW WATCH: Why electric planes haven't taken off yet
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%