India’s increasing dependency on mobiles and internet to generate over 10 lakh jobs in 3 years
AdvertisementThe telecom sector in India is on an all-time high these days, and this is proved not only because of the boost in the investments in this sector, but also from the fact that the sector, along with allied services, is going to generate over 10 lakh jobs directly and indirectly in the next three years. The finding has come from the
This is in stark contrast from last year, when the telecom and allied services ranked amongst the least-hiring sectors. Jointly prepared by PeopleStrong and Wheebox, the report also saw collaboration from the
The reason behind the sector hiring on a large scale can be found in the steps taken by the government to provide a conducive environment for service providers, which includes the auction of 3G and 4G spectra.
The report said that about 82% of India's urban population and 18% of India's rural population depends on mobile and internet these days, thus expanding the scope of job offering in the telecom sector. Along with this, constant additions of mobile, landlines, wireless and broadband subscribers is also responsible for creating more and more jobs.
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life