Tesla has shrunk its Model S and X production hours in order to focus on the Model 3
- Tesla has reduced its production hours for the Model S and X in a move related to its mass layoffs last week.
- The cuts come after it stopped offering the cheaper, 75 kWh version of the car.
- A spokesperson said the move will allow Tesla to put more focus into building the Model 3.
- Shares fell as much as 5% after the news. Follow the stock in real-time here.
A Tesla spokesperson said the shrinking of production hours is part of a streamlining effort that will allow it to become more efficient and put more focus into building the Model 3.
"As a result of this change and because of improving efficiencies in our production lines, we have reduced Model S and X production hours accordingly. At the same time, these changes, along with continuing improvements, give us the flexibility to increase our production capacity in the future as needed."Tesla's stock price sank as much as five percent immediately following the news.The company is expected to report its fourth-quarter earnings next week, though it has not yet confirmed a date for that release.Advertisement
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19