Tesla has shrunk its Model S and X production hours in order to focus on the Model 3
- Tesla has reduced its production hours for the Model S and X in a move related to its mass layoffs last week.
- The cuts come after it stopped offering the cheaper, 75 kWh version of the car.
- A spokesperson said the move will allow Tesla to put more focus into building the Model 3.
- Shares fell as much as 5% after the news. Follow the stock in real-time here.
"As a result of this change and because of improving efficiencies in our production lines, we have reduced Model S and X production hours accordingly. At the same time, these changes, along with continuing improvements, give us the flexibility to increase our production capacity in the future as needed."Tesla's stock price sank as much as five percent immediately following the news.The company is expected to report its fourth-quarter earnings next week, though it has not yet confirmed a date for that release.
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
- Glee.S.T! January 2021 GST collection may have beat the December record
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted