The 10 countries with the most superyachts in the world: RANKED
Giuseppe Greco/REDA&CO/UIG via Getty Images
- Bloomberg ranked the top 10 countries in the world with the most superyachts on their coastlines.
- The US came in first place, with 158 superyachts counted in April 2019.
- Italy, Spain, France, and Greece round out the top five.
- Spain saw the largest increase in the number of yachts as compared to 2018.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Bloomberg just ranked the top 10 countries in the world with the most superyachts on their coastlines, and a few countries on the list might surprise you.
France saw the largest increase in the number of yachts as compared to last year, with 29 more yachts spotted off its coast in April 2019 than in April 2018.
The US and Australia, on the other hand, both saw a decrease in their number of yachts.
Bloomberg noted that the April 2019 count includes all yachts reported within two miles of the country's coastline between April 15 and April 18, 2019. The April 2018 count is based on April 9 through April 13 data. The median yacht length in the study was 160 feet.
Here are the 10 countries with the most superyachts in the world.