The 16 hottest Nordic fintech startups
London has emerged as a capital of fintech in Europe but Nordic countries - Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, and Finland - also have a flourishing scene.
The region is already home to a so-called fintech "unicorn" - a startup worth over $1 billion - and small business banking startup Holvi, founded in Finland, was bought by Spanish banking giant BBVA back in March (for that reason, we've not included it on the list.)
We have rounded up the 16 most exciting fintech businesses from the region below.
Popular on BI
- Short term inflation in Pakistan hits all-time high of 46%
- Former MP and noted Malayalam actor Innocent passes away at 75
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a positive note amid mixed global cues: Nykaa, Bharat Electronics, Adani Total Gas among stocks in focus
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare