The 7 dumbest last-minute tax mistakes people make
Reuters / Alessandro Garofalo
Thanks to calendar quirks, taxpayers have four extra days to file in 2016.
That doesn't mean you should use them. Rushing through most anything lends itself to silly, last-minute errors, and taxes are no exception.
"It's like homework," says Certified Financial Planner Keith Klein of Turning Pointe Wealth Management in Phoenix, Arizona. "You can only do so much, so long, and then you get distracted."
If you're scrambling to get your taxes together at the last minute, it's easy to slip up and enter a wrong number, which can lead to even more paperwork in the form of a tax amendment or paying additional fees to the IRS.
Now that we're getting down to the wire, Klein shares some of the dumb, last-minute filing mistakes you'll want to avoid.
- Hackers are using a new fake chatbot trick to steal your data — here’s how to keep yourself safe
- Google's Imagen can use text to make images, paintings, CGI renders using AI — here are some pictures
- New India Assurance net profit drawn down by huge operating loss in the health insurance segment
- LG’s rollable OLED TV finally debuts in India, priced at ₹75 lakhs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction