'The Batman' director has tossed out Ben Affleck's script
The actor originally came into playing the latest version of The Dark Knight with an impressive start in "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," and reports were that he would be writing and directing a standalone movie on the character.
Then in January, Affleck announced that he would no longer be directing the movie, now titled "The Batman." However, the project was still going forward with him in the lead, and with the script he wrote with DC Films' head Geoff Johns and Chris Terrio.
But now it sounds like Affleck will just be the star of the movie.
The new "The Batman" director, Matt Reeves, while promoting his latest movie "War for the Planet of the Apes," told MTV's Happy Sad Confused podcast that he's starting from scratch.
Sources told the trades back in January when Affleck bowed out as director that Warner Bros. had issues with Affleck's script. Reeves has said in previous interviews that he's planning on giving "The Batman" a noir feel.
Affleck's script had Deathstroke as the villain of the story. Joe Manganiello has been cast for the role. It's unclear if the character will still be in the movie.
Affleck will next be seen playing Batman in "Justice League" coming out November 17.
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?