The best American Express cards
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network.
American Express/Business Insider
Although the credit card and rewards space has become a bit crowded, American Express remains a popular and prestigious company, offering compelling and competitive products.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is the best product offered, with generous benefits, valuable perks, and solid rewards that more than make up for its high annual fee.
For example, I got more than $2,000 of value from the card my first year.
If you're looking for the best Amex card for you, here are the ones you should consider.
Keep in mind that, unless it's otherwise noted in the card description, we're focusing on benefits, perks, and rewards that make these cards great options, not things like interest rates and late fees, which can far outweigh the value of any rewards.When you're working to earn credit-card rewards, it's important to practice financial discipline, like paying your balances off in full each month, making payments on time, and not spending more than you can afford to pay back - or spending more than you would otherwise. Basically, with a few rare exceptions, you should treat your credit card like a debit card.
Here are our top picks for the best Amex cards:
- Best Amex overall: Platinum Card from American Express
- Best Amex for dining rewards: American Express® Gold Card
- Best Amex for families: Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- Best no-fee Amex: Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- Best cash-back Amex: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Best Amex with a 0% intro APR: Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Updated on 11/05/2018 by David Slotnick: Added information on the Gold Card.
Read on in the slides below to see which Amex card is right for you.Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. You'll be the first to hear about the stuff we review. Sign up.
Follow us on Pinterest.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We aim to highlight products and services you might find interesting, and if you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Want to get in touch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find all the best offers on the web, visit our Coupons page.
The best Amex overall
The best AmEx for dining rewardsAdvertisement
The best Amex for families
The best no-fee AmexAdvertisement
The best cash-back Amex
The best Amex with a 0% intro APRAdvertisement
Check out our guide to the best credit card rewards, bonuses, and perks
- I'm not going to movie theatre until there's COVID-19 vaccine, says Spike Lee
- Seven returnees test COVID-19 positive in Nagaland
- Uttarakhand's Covid-19 tally increases to 802— Dehradun accounts for 25 fresh cases
- AB InBev reevaluating short, mid-term plans; seeks reduction in high tax on beer
- SGPGIMS develops RNA -based cheaper and faster test for COVID-19