The best black skinny jeans for women
- Black skinny jeans are a staple of any woman's closet, serving as a step-up in dressiness from their lighter-wash counterpoints.
- The $98 Warp + Weft JFK Skinny Jeans earn our vote for the wide range of sizes and inseam lengths they come in, combined with superior fit and quality for the price.
Black skinny jeans are essential in any wardrobe. They pull a look together while remaining casual and comfortable. But finding good jeans is also kind of a nightmare, especially if you primarily shop online.
When shopping for black skinny jeans - or any jeans, really - there are some details to look for that will increase your chances of finding the perfect fit without trying them on. If you often end up with jeans a few inches too long or too short, check out the inseam measurement listed in the product description. Many brands offer several lengths to accommodate different heights, but they aren't always labeled "petite" or "tall."
Stretch is another factor to consider. Too much and your black skinny jeans will slowly become unskinny the longer you have them on, too little and you might not be able to sit down. Pay attention to the fabric blend, which should contain 1-2% elastane or spandex for a little bit of stretch that won't bag out between washes.
Our favorite pairs of black skinny jeans, detailed below, manage to be both comfortable and slim-fitting at once. Plus they that have that nice, crisp wash that might as well belong to a pair of work pants.
Here are the best black skinny jeans in 2019:
- Best black skinny jeans overall: Warp + Weft JFK Skinny Jeans
- Best high-rise skinny jeans: Everlane High-Rise Skinny Jeans
- Best stretch skinny jeans: Levi's 711 Skinny Jeans
- Best plus-size skinny jeans: Universal Standard Seine High-Rise Skinny Jeans
- Best petite skinny jeans: LOFT Petite Modern Skinny Jeans
- Best high-end skinny jeans: Paige Transcend Verdugo Ultra Skinny Jeans
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.