The best dental floss you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Daily use of dental floss can help remove plaque from your teeth and prevent gum disease.
- Our top pick is Oral-B Glide Pro-Health Comfort Plus Dental Floss because it is affordable, easy to use, and glides easily between most teeth.
It may come in a tiny little dispenser, but dental floss can have a huge impact on your oral health. The American Dental Association recommends brushing for two minutes twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and flossing at least once a day because dental floss is very effective at removing plaque and food from between your teeth.We take flossing our teeth very seriously, so we've done a lot of research and flossing to find the best dental floss you can buy. You may think that all dental floss are created equally, but they are not. Finding the right dental floss for your needs may even encourage you to floss more often.
Here is the best dental floss you can buy:
- Best overall: Oral-B Glide Pro-Health Comfort Plus Dental Floss
- Best for sensitive gums: Dr. Tung's Smart Floss
- Best all-natural floss: Tom's of Maine Anti Plaque Flat Spearmint Floss
- Best for kids: Plackers Kids Flossers
- Best for braces: Platypus Orthodontic Flosser
Updated on 05/14/2019 by Les Shu: Updated links, formatting, and prices. Added note on a recent study concerning dental floss and the use of PFAS chemicals.
Keep scrolling to read more about our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.