The best hanging shelves for closets you can buy
- Closets are frequently not built to be optimized. Hanging shelves or hanging closet organizers are an easy, affordable way to add additional storage to a cramped space.
- Our top pick is The Container Store's 6-Compartment Natural Canvas Sweater Organizer. It provides roomy shelves for neatly stacking sweaters or pants and is made of high-quality canvas fabric that retains its shape.
The tiny closet in my bedroom is the bane of my existence. It's poorly organized, with upper shelves that I can't easily reach and sliding doors that make getting the clothes at the very center of the rack a challenge.
But even if you don't share my closet woes, you can probably still benefit from some organization. Hanging shelves are a great way to make use of your closet's dead space, adding extra storage for anything from sweaters and pants to purses, shoes, and accessories.
They're also perfect for people who can't fit a dresser in the bedroom, and they help keep the closet floors clear for shoe racks. Hanging shelves come in all different shapes and sizes, so you're bound to find one that suits your closet and your wardrobe.Note: Make sure your closet rod can support the weight. Once they are filled, hanging shelves can get very heavy, which can cause the rod to bend. A good approach is to avoid weighing down the hanging shelves by overpacking them.
Here are the best hanging shelves for closets you can buy:
- Best hanging shelf overall: 6-Compartment Natural Canvas Hanging Sweater Organizer
- Best hanging shelf with accessory pockets: Whitmor Hanging Accessory Shelves
- Best 3-compartment hanging shelf: Made by Design 3-Shelf Hanging Fabric Storage Organizer
- Best hanging shelf for purses: Zober Hanging Purse Organizer
- Best hanging shelf with a clothing rod: Whitmor 4 Section Fabric Closet Organizer
Keep scrolling to read more about our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.