The best jogging strollers you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Jogging strollers are great for parents who like to run and stay fit while taking care of their kids.
- The Thule Urban Glide 2 provides the smoothest ride with the easiest one-handed steering around, making it the best jogging stroller you can buy.
- Its genius design has even landed this jogging stroller a place in the National Museum of Sweden.
A good jogging stroller is the secret weapon of any fitness-minded parent. Whether you're a working mom, a stay-at-home dad, or something in-between, parenthood demands a certain level of creativity if you want to take great care of yourself at the same time as your bundle(s) of joy. A standard or umbrella stroller is fine for cruising around busy city streets or shopping malls, but for running or hiking, a sturdy and zippy jogging stroller is the only tool for the job.Testing the very best jogging strollers has been a passion project for me over the last several months. I don't think I've done so much research on a single topic since I finished my Ph.D.! I tested each stroller over several runs on a variety of terrains, including sidewalks, city streets, gravel, and dirt paths. Some of the runs were short and quick, and others were long, slow plods over several miles.
I evaluated how easily each stroller folded up for storage and transport in the trunk of my hatchback. I paid attention to the smoothness of the ride, one-handed steering, how much sun and rain protection each stroller's canopy offered. Plus, while not crucial to the quality of your run, the size and accessibility of the bottom storage basket makes a huge difference to lots of parents. That's where you stash diapers, extra snacks, and the works. If you can believe it, my chihuahua even loves to ride under there during leisurely jogs.
So what did I learn during my months of testing? There's a huge difference in quality between the best and worst jogging strollers. But once you near the top, there are several amazing options. Which one you should get depends on preference and priorities. So here are the best of the best in a variety of categories.
Here are the best jogging strollers you can buy:
- Best jogging stroller overall: Thule Urban Glide 2
- Best jogging stroller runner-up: Bob Revolution Pro
- Best jogging stroller for zipping around town: Bumbleride Speed
- Best jogging stroller for super serious runners: Thule Glide 2
- Best multi-sport jogging stroller: Burley D'Lite Trailer
- Best jogging stroller on a budget: Chicco Tre
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.