The best long-lasting foundation you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- A good long-lasting foundation can stay in place for hours even through hot and sweaty days.
- Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation is our top pick because it delivers great coverage and has serious staying power for up to 15 hours.
With summer creeping up on us, it's time to look into a good long-lasting foundation.It's great for weddings (whether you're the bride or the guest), or simply when you're too busy or feeling too lazy to reapply. As many long-wear foundations usually provide full coverage, they're also pretty useful when you want extra coverage for blemishes or dark spots.
Long-lasting foundation formulas have historically been heavy and chalky, often sinking into pores and fine lines. However, there's new technology and innovation to solve those issues and all the ones we've tried here are lightweight but still provide full coverage that lasts without looking or feeling heavy or unnatural.
But finding the right formula can seem like an impossible task. So to save you time, money and disappointment, we've researched hundreds of expert and consumer reviews, and tested the top-rated long-wearing foundations to come up with the best.
Here are the best long lasting foundations you can buy:
- Best long lasting-foundation overall: Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation
- Best long-lasting drugstore foundation: Physicians Formula The Health Foundation
- Best long lasting-foundation for dry skin: Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
- Best long lasting-foundation for sensitive skin: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15
- Best long lasting-foundation for acne-prone skin: Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15
Updated 7/12/19 by Jada Wong: Updated copy, formatting, prices, and links.
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.