The best puppy gear to make your new dog feel at home
- Before you bring your new puppy home, you should stock up on all the things they will need to be happy and healthy in their furever home.
- There are hundreds of thousands of products out there and thousands of brands claiming to be the best. With our expert opinion and in-depth research, we've rounded up some of the best basic puppy supplies around.
- Our top picks include a training collar, leash, crate, bed, chew toy, and monitoring system from trusted brands like PetSafe, Kong, MidWest Home for Pets, and more.
As a mildly obsessive dog lover, hound aficionado, and veteran co-parent, I know a thing or two about what it takes to transform a puppy into a well-behaved, happy, and let's be real, stubborn young dog. While your new puppy will need oodles of love and attention in their furever home, there are some basic supplies you should have on hand ahead of time.
Some of the most basic puppy essentials include a leash and collar for training, a comfy bed for your puppy to sleep in, and a crate for when you're not at home. They'll also need plenty of toys to chew on (instead of your favorite pair of shoes).There is a broad array of options out there for new puppy essentials, but we've done the research and used our expert opinion to bring you our top picks for the best basic puppy supplies. For more handy puppy essentials, check out our puppy supply list here.Advertisement
Here are the best basic puppy supplies:
- Best collar for leash training: Blueberry Pet Personalized Martingale Collars
- Best leash for puppies: PetSafe Nylon Leash
- Best crate for puppies: MidWest Life Stages Folding Dog Crate With Divider
- Best bed for puppies: Majestic Pet Suede Dog Bed
- Best chew toy for puppies: Kong Puppy Toy
- Best at-home monitoring system for puppies: Furbo Dog Camera
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best collar for leash training
The best leash for puppiesAdvertisement
The best crate for puppies
The best dog bed for puppiesAdvertisement
The best chew toy for puppies
The best at-home monitoring system for puppiesAdvertisement
We also considered
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store