The best rewards credit cards of 2019
Here are the best rewards credit cards of 2019:
- Best rewards credit card overall: Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Best credit card for travel perks and benefits: Platinum Card® from American Express
- Best credit card with a low annual fee: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- Best credit card for simplicity: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Best credit card for rewards on dining and US supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best cash-back card: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Best cash or points credit card with no annual fee: Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Best credit card for frequent flyers: Airline credit cards
- Best credit card for frequent hotel guests: Hotel credit cards
Since the 2016 launch of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, rewards credit cards have exploded into a mainstream obsession.It's not hard to see why more people than ever are jumping into the once-obscure world of credit card rewards and bonuses. There's the lure of high sign-up bonuses and special perks, not to mention the opportunity to use points for free flights, hotel stays, and even first-class tickets.Advertisement
So what's the best move for someone seeking to boost their stock of credit card points and frequent flyer miles? Here are some of the top credit cards currently available, based on sign-up bonuses, rewards earned on everyday spending, benefits, and overall value.
But first, a word of warning: Credit cards play a big role in maintaining a healthy credit profile and score. Make sure you're aware of the impact that opening a new card can have, especially if you're planning to apply for a mortgage or finance a major purchase anytime soon.It's also important to practice financial discipline when targeting credit card rewards - paying your balances off in full each month, making payments on time, and not spending more than you can afford to pay is the best course of action. After all, interest and late charges can cancel out the value you get from your rewards.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
Please note: While the offers mentioned above are accurate at the time of publication, they're subject to change at any time and may have changed, or may no longer be available.
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Platinum Card from American ExpressAdvertisement
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Capital One Venture RewardsAdvertisement
American Express Gold Card
Amex Blue Cash PreferredAdvertisement
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Airline credit cardsAdvertisement
Hotel credit cards
- Respite from heat wave likely for Delhi till June 2: IMD
- India has a new scoring system for the COVID batch’s lost semester— where old grades matter
- C'garh: Sanitary pads distributed at quarantine centres
- 9 more returnees test COVID-19 positive in Nagaland; total rises to 18
- 7 more die of COVID-19 in Uttar Pradesh, total cases rise to 7,071