The Boston Celtics have a 25% chance of landing the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft lottery
The Boston Celtics had the best record in the Eastern Conference this year. Yet, thanks to a blockbuster trade four years ago, they have a 25% chance of landing the top pick in the upcoming NBA draft and a 64% chance to have one of the top three picks.
The Brooklyn Nets finished with the worst record in the NBA and thus would have had the best shot at the top pick. But thanks to that infamous trade with the Celtics in 2013 the two teams swapped first-round picks and now the Celtics are sitting on the golden ticket.
The other big swap that could happen is the Los Angeles Lakers. If they land in one of the top three spots, they get to keep their first-round pick. But if they fall out of the top three in the lottery, that pick will go to the Philadelphia 76ers. In addition, the New Orleans Pelicans only get to keep their pick if it lands in the top three. Otherwise, it goes to the Sacramento Kings.
Here are the odds for landing in one of the top three spots for all the teams in the NBA Draft lottery.
Diana Yukari/Business Insider
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- ULIPs are not for senior citizens: Here’s how to choose the right investments to secure the golden years of your life
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel