The glorious history of the best plane Boeing has ever built
This week in 1994, the Boeing 777 airliner made its first flight - kicking off a career that would revolutionize the airline industry.
Once every few decades, an airplane comes along and simply redefines what a modern airliner is capable of delivering for airlines and its passengers. In 1957, Boeing changed the game with its first jet-powered airliner, the 707. In 1969, Boeing turned the airline industry upside down with the introduction of the 747 jumbo jet. In 1994, Boeing did it again with the 777.
In the two decades since its first flight, the 777 has become the trusty long-haul workhorse for the world's international airlines. Through May of 2017, Boeing has sold a whopping 1,911 777s - making it the best wide-body airliner in company history.
Here's a closer look at the history of the Boeing 777.
Get the latest Boeing stock price here.
- Rupee falls 38 paise to 81.78 against US dollar
- The e-auction closing date of 1,200 gifts given to PM Modi, extended
- Swiss banking giant Credit Suisse fighting for its survival says report
- IAF to induct first batch of indigenously-developed light combat vehicles on Monday
- Infosys to lead IT sector’s Q2 show with 4% revenue growth, says Jefferies
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World