The glorious history of the best plane Boeing has ever built
This week in 1994, the Boeing 777 airliner made its first flight - kicking off a career that would revolutionize the airline industry.
Once every few decades, an airplane comes along and simply redefines what a modern airliner is capable of delivering for airlines and its passengers. In 1957, Boeing changed the game with its first jet-powered airliner, the 707. In 1969, Boeing turned the airline industry upside down with the introduction of the 747 jumbo jet. In 1994, Boeing did it again with the 777.
In the two decades since its first flight, the 777 has become the trusty long-haul workhorse for the world's international airlines. Through May of 2017, Boeing has sold a whopping 1,911 777s - making it the best wide-body airliner in company history.
Here's a closer look at the history of the Boeing 777.
Get the latest Boeing stock price here.
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani