The high school sprinter putting up Olympic-level times has accepted an NFL wide receiver's open challenge to a $10,000 race
- Sprinter Matthew Boling accepted a challenge to a $10,000 race from New Orleans Saints wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr.
- Boling has become a viral sensation in recent weeks after breaking the 10-second mark over 100 meters.
- Visit Business Insider's home page for more stories
Matthew Boling is a sprinting sensation, posting times that would look more at home at the Olympic trials than a high school meet.In the past few weeks, Boling's runs have gone viral twice, first when he broke 10 seconds on his 100-meter dash, and again when he put together a brilliant anchor run for his school's 4x400 relay, erasing a 30-meter deficit to come back and win the race.Advertisement
Read more: Teenager sprinter Matthew Boling ran the fastest 100 meters in high-school history, and his leg in the 4x400 championship was even more jaw-dropping
Now, it appears that Boling is ready for his next challenge - a race against New Orleans Saints wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr.On Thursday, Ginn told Bleacher Report's Adam Lefkoe that he was willing to race anyone "pole to pole" for $10,000 or more. "Where your check at?" Ginn told Lefkoe. "I'm always down to do it. I've been running from light pole to light pole my whole life."
When ProFootballTalk picked up a story on Ginn's open challenge and tweeted it out, Boling was quick to accept the challenge.Ginn is one of the fastest men in the NFL, but a race against Boling might prove more challenging than anticipated. Just 18 years old, Boling is still striding towards his prime as a sprinter and is already posting numbers that could likely get him a shot at the Olympics.At 34, Ginn might not have the gas to keep pace with Boling over 100 meters.Advertisement
There's only one way to find out.
- Read more from Tyler Lauletta:
- Dentsu Aegis Network is now dentsu international
- Top stock movers — Future Retail, Hero MotoCorp, Indoco Remedies, Surya Roshni, PVR, Vodafone-Idea and more
- MX Player’s Aashram garners 300 million+ streams in less than a month
- Our pick of the best IPL 2020 ads: Week 1
- Best 64GB memory cards in India