THE IN-STORE CHECKOUT REVOLUTION: How payments companies can take advantage of a $21 billion opportunity
- This is a preview of The In-Store Checkout Report from Business Insider Intelligence.
- 14-Day Risk Free Trial: Get full access to this and all E-Commerce industry research reports.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Payments companies must take autonomous checkout and its rise seriously because it impacts not only the payment process, but also how consumers make payment decisions. With most autonomous checkout formats, consumers will enter payment information before entering a store to complete a profile, and they may default to that same option for each subsequent visit.Meanwhile, the technology threatens to eliminate or lessen the importance of payment technologies like point-of-sale (POS) terminals. Combined, these changes will significantly alter payments companies' business in-store, meriting the technology and its development special attention. And by investing in the technology early, payments companies can build valuable first-mover advantages.
In The In-Store Checkout Revolution, Business Insider Intelligence forecasts the expansion of autonomous checkout stores and their payments volume over the next five years and looks at the payment flows for the two types of autonomous checkout experiences.We also determine the three approaches payments companies can take to enter the industry, examining the pros and cons of each, and evaluate the major autonomous checkout players that firms should consider mimicking, partnering with, or acquiring. Finally, we cover some best practices for finding success in the developing space.The companies mentioned in this report are: Amazon and Amazon Go, Standard Cognition, JD.com, PayPal, Ingenico, NCR, BingoBox, Zippin, AiFi, Trigo Vision, Shufersal, Zabka, Carrefour, Valora, PALTAC, Walmart, and Caper.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the report:
- The number of stores with autonomous checkout is set to rise from 350 in 2018 to 10,000 by 2024, with their payment volume positioned to jump from under $70 million to over $20 billion - and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
- Adoption of the technology will be driven by the convenience it offers consumers, the savings and revenue it brings retailers, and the technology's eventual ability to scale.
- Payments companies should invest in autonomous checkout now - by developing their own solution, partnering with a third-party provider, or acquiring an established player - to entrench themselves in the emerging industry.
- When evaluating which companies to work with, and how, payments firms should consider each prospect's shopping experience, accepted payment methods, expansion plans, and more.
- No matter how payments companies enter the space or which providers they choose to work with, they'll need to move quickly and emphasize the importance of communication between all parties involved.
In full, the report:
- Forecasts the growth and payments volume of autonomous checkout stores.
- Identifies the key growth drivers behind the projected expansion of autonomous checkout technology.
- Discusses the two types of autonomous checkout stores and their benefits and drawbacks.
- Considers the strengths and weaknesses of the three methods companies can use to get involved in autonomous checkout.
- Examines the major players in the space and their technologies.
- Covers best practices companies interested in getting into the industry should keep in mind.
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
- Subscribe to a Premium pass to Business Insider Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and more than 250 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
The choice is yours. But however you decide to acquire this report, you've given yourself a powerful advantage in your understanding of the rise of autonomous checkout.
- Punjab to bring Bill to earmark welfare budget for SCs in proportionate to their population
- High Pressure car washer price in India
- Best boAt headphones to buy in India
- Nothing ear (1) review – clean sound, transparent design for the win
- Oppo Reno 6 Pro 5G to A74 5G: Oppo smartphones launched in India in 2021